I know... it's been a long time since I have posted... I'm sorry. I have been feeling like getting back to work, so that's where I am for most of the day!
I have been sleeping through the night- which was something that I did NOT do. I can go through the whole night now without waking up short of breath or coughing my head off! Yay! I did notice that I coughed more yesterday than I have since starting Kalydeco, and I coughed up a HUGE yucky amount of junk during an afternoon treatment. Like- dark brown yucky. Right after coughing up all of that, I was coughing up more red tinted mucus, but it never got to full blood, and I wasn't too concerned with it. After a bit, it quit and went back to a "normal" color when I felt like I needed to cough stuff up.
Today I was so so sleepy! I think it is because my body is now craving the sleep I have been getting since Saturday night. I am not physically exhausted like normal (or like I used to be) but I feel like I need to sleep more. I feel more rested at night, and I am not tired when I wake up anymore. I may be sleepy, but I'm not tired. It's hard to explain, but I know what I mean, and I know how much of a difference it makes to sleep and rest and to just go to bed. I had a headache today and felt kind of feverish, but it went away after taking some ibuprofen. Not sure if that is part of the side effects or something like my allergies.
I may find myself short of breath or wheezing sometimes, but I feel like it is more concentrated on asthma, and not CF. I may feel tight, but not congested. Coughs are dry (for the most part) and I can catch my breath quicker after I cough than I could before starting Kalydeco. I will be weighing tomorrow to see how that is working out. I haven't really noticed a change in my appetite yet, but I still have faith that it will happen. Hopefully after a full week or even two I will start to see more of the changes I have been looking forward to.
I have been having allergy problems, so I think I need to start taking some allergy medicine. Plans are to talk to the doctor tomorrow morning about that! Maybe once I get allergies under control, I will start to feel even more better as the days pass by!
Amazing news! I love reading your updates!!
ReplyDelete