Today started out kind of yucky- I was really sore from work all week and my body and mind were exhausted from stressing out! But despite all of that, I actually got up and exercised today. I was kind of surprised I did it, but I didn't have anything else to do and I didn't feel as bad as I had been so I just decided to do it. I walked on the treadmill for 18 minutes total. This was only a half a mile though because I was going at 1.5 for 15 minutes then 3 for 3 minutes. It may not seem like much to anyone else, but I was sweating, muscles burning, and lungs burning when I stopped.
My sputum was kind of streaked with red, but I wasn't really concerned as it was just barely noticeable. I felt dizzy right after I got through, but after about an hour I felt better than I had before. I've been coughing a lot more since I did it, but I think I am breaking some of that junk up! My body overall is feeling much much better since I started prednisone and asthma meds. I think those coupled with treatments and exercise will put me on the track of feeling good and gaining weight (muscle).
In fact, I weighed today and am at 70.4, so that means I have gained a pound in 3 weeks. Not bad when I don't gain ANYTHING or actually LOSE a pound or more within that time frame. Hopefully I can increase exercise workouts and stick to it so that my doctor's appointment on the 8th is GREAT!!! I'm looking forward to it, but am also anxious to see what the verdict will be on continuing or stopping this way of treatment. We will see.
Also- will you guys send some prayers up, good vibes/energy/juju, or good thoughts my way for this weekend? I am on the verge of not graduating because of a long hospital admission, and am waiting on word to see if I will get to. So... If it all works out the way I am praying it will, I will be a college graduate when I go see the doctor!!
*Fingers and toes crossed*
Woohoo! 3 on the treadmill is REALLY hard for me most of the time (unless I am both healthy and in good shape), so I find that very impressive! ;) And I'm excited to hear that you will be graduating. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteSo, I could have sworn that I talked to you and had your blog on the CF Blogroll, but it's not actually there. Help me remember! Did I ask you if you wanted to be on? Did you say yes? (I don't add anyone without express permission...) If not, would you like to be, LOL? (cfblogroll.blogspot.com)
Nevermind, I found where I asked and you said I did. I think I got a bunch of add requests in those days and one or two of them didn't get on there! I'll go add it now. :)
ReplyDeleteIt is hard!!! And thank you so much!!!
DeleteHaha, yes you may! Lol!!! :) Thank you Cindy!!