Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 2

Today is the 2nd day, and I don't really feel any different. I will say that after last night's dose, I felt a little dizzy about an hour after I took it. It wasn't unbearable though. It's like the dizziness that Diflucan (fluconazole) gives me when I am on it. So- not a big deal to me. When I woke up this morning, I had a bit of a sore throat. Again, it wasn't terrible or unbearable. I can't be 100% sure that it was from the Kalydeco though. Like I said in one of the previous posts- I have been battling a cold or something and it could have been from "mouth-breathing" (I am a nose breather when I'm not stuffy) through out the night, or even some post nasal drip. After getting something cool to drink and blowing my nose, it went away. When I went to do my morning treatment, I didn't cough more or less than usual. It was all the same. I have noticed that I have to blow my nose quite a bit more though. I got a LOT of junk out from the time I woke up to the time I finished the treatment. Don't know if that was the medicine or not, either, so please don't think I am trying to say it is or it isn't. It's just what happened.

I took my 2nd dose around 8:30am, and think that I will stick to an 8:30am/pm schedule. That way I can take it before I leave for work, and then at night before a night treatment.

I haven't had any headaches, fever, or pain (yet) so as of right now, I don't even feel like I have taken anything. From some of my other Cysters' experience with it, they said that they didn't feel a full effect from the medicine until the 3 or so dose. So..... I guess we will see how I feel tomorrow after tonight's dose! I am feeling a little tired, but that really is nothing new. I am always, always, always tired. I am hopeful that Kalydeco will give me just a teensy bit of energy to do things I need to, and so I won't get tired so quickly doing small things.

I have to catch up on all my school homework, so I am going to do that. I will try not to forget to take notice and post if there are any kind of changes at all. Okay, as I finished that last sentence-

I just started coughing, very productive and wet. I coughed up approximately 1/4 c of mucus at one time. Whoa. I also just blew my nose and got out a bunch of snot/mucus too. It wasn't too yucky looking, about the same as when I just regularly cough, so I'm thinking that is just the top of the pile down there. I want to start exercising more- like running or something fairly... I can't think of the word... just more. But I don't have the energy yet, or the breath yet. Maybe by Monday I can start doing that!

I also want to keep track to see if my weight has gone up, so I weighed this morning. If I tell you, don't judge, remember?! It was 69.4. Okay, okay, pick your jaw up and stop shaking your head. I can't help it. Remember this is my page, and if you want to judge or criticize, then get off. I am posting this as a way to help me know where I started and where I end up. I will try to weigh every 3 days or so, and see if there will be any noticeable changes. I guess that is all the updates I have for now, and maybe I will have something good to post about next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment