Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 30 already?!

Wow, I guess today marks a month since I've been on Kalydeco. Wow. It does not seem like it has been that long! I am happy (and proud of myself) to say that I have not skipped even a single dose since I started! Yay! Lol. :)

I wished I had some new updates to post, but everything is about the same. There are only little things that I have noticed, but I can't be sure that it's not stemming from something besides the medicine.

I haven't exercised since the mile on the treadmill. I did something to my back and really hurt it! It hurt for almost 3 days straight. Then, I started to have pains in my left side- between my ribs and my hip. It hurts when I put pressure on the inside. Like when I squat down or bend over or things like that. It's not as bad today as it has been, though. It hurts when I move around at night, like to change sleeping positions. The night before last, I woke up in the middle of the night just drenched with sweat! I'm not sure what the deal was there, since I was in shorts and a tshirt and had my air conditioner on. But, I haven't done that again, so it was just a one time thing.

I have been feeling tired since... Wednesday I think. But- that is the day that I found for sure that I was able to graduate. I think that all the stress and tension I had about school just kind of went "whoooosh" and left. I think now I am tired from NOT stressing or worrying for once! I know it sounds crazy, but I honestly think that my body was used to being stressed out and now that I feel like a huge burden has been lifted, I am feeling just worn out! I feel like I could sleep for hours and hours on end!

The good news is that I am not really feeling CF bad. Which is something that I hardly ever say. Yes, I do have times where I am short of breath or am coughing, but my lungs don't feel bad. There are times when I just know that something is going on in my lungs that's not supposed to, and there are times that I feel great and then find out that something's not right. This being said, I have no idea how the doctor's appointment is going to go on Tuesday. I can see myself getting a great and awesome report and coming home for 3 months, but I can also see some unexpected infection pop up in there and need some "tuning up" for a couple of weeks. I don't know.

I am honestly nervous about how this appointment will go. More so than normal. Not because of the chance of a hospital stay, but because of the results of the PFTs and X-rays after a month on Kalydeco. I know that I feel different -better different- and I want so desperately for it to show on paper!! I just want to see some improvements! Oh, I want that so very badly... I guess we will just see. What happens, happens. Whatever will be, will be. That's become our motto.

So until Tuesday, I will be going ahead and preparing for a hospital stay, just in case. And I will update on Tuesday sometime after the visit to let you guys know what's going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment